We’re going to take a look at some maps in class on Tuesday to see how they can enhance journalism and whether they are journalism. On the syllabus for Week 9, the Boston.com news maps link is not working, but the other two, rather old links are still alive and well.
In addition, here are some other examples:
- “Maps of the 2008 election results” (cartograms)
- “Mark the potholes,” Boston.com
- “Police log compliance,” Worcester Sunday Telegram, March 11, 2012
- “Republican primary map,” New York Times
- Election data at the Guardian
- Google/AP mashup