The Encyclopedia Britannica will not be publishing any more print editions, in part because Wikipedia has taken away so much of its readership. This isn’t a story about journalism per se, but it is a story about the media, as well as the wisdom of the crowd versus the voice of authority. We’ll talk about it for a few minutes at the beginning of class.
- Reminder! We’ll talk about reviving our student chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists today at noon in… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- The Society of Professional Journalists wants you for its #Northeastern chapter. Find out more on Oct. 11 at noon.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- American Press Institute offers paid summer fellowships for journalism students and recent graduates: americanpressinstitute.org/employment/col… 3 weeks ago
- Nice profile of 2016 journalism grad @Jamie_Ducharme, who helms health and wellness coverage at @BostonMagazine: camd.northeastern.edu/journalism/201… 3 weeks ago
- Earlier this year our journalism students reported from Greece. Last night they were featured on @Chronicle5: facebook.com/nuschoolofjour… 3 weeks ago